Nine Pens is a press that are all about helping early career poets get their foot on the ladder.
We are looking for distinct, vibrant and captivating voices.
If you have got something to bring to the table, we want to read it.
Pamphlet submissions are currently closed.
Submissions for the 'Hair-Raising' anthology are closed
Submission guidelines for the Nine Pens
1. Please submit poetry manuscripts up to 40 pages. The submission window runs from October 1st to December 1st.
2. We are particularly interested in early career poets. What we mean by that is if you have never had a full collection published by a press we want to read your work. Age is not a discrimatiing factor.
3. We welcome all submissions but are we are looking for those poems that fit together as a cohesive whole, have been crafted and sweated over and jump off the page ready to burst into life.
A magazine/journal track-record is not a prerequisite for publication but it does help to show dedication to craft and commitment.
4. Please include a short biography, including any previous publications. If your poems have appeared in magazines/journals please let us know.
5. Include a title, contents page and page numbers. Please make sure that your poems begin on separate pages. Please make sure your manuscript is formatted to A5.
6. Submissions are currently only accepted from poets in the UK and Ireland.
7. Simulataneous submissions are accepted, but please withdraw if they are accepted elsewhere.
8. Allow two months after the submission date for a publication decision.
9. Send submissions with the header 'Nine Pens Pamphlet Submission' to Submissions@ninepens.co.uk